Sunday, August 2, 2009

Quiet on the Home Front

I'm trying to do some other writing these days, so my time here has been next to nil. There's not much to report anyway. We're getting geared up for some time at the lake with my parents and my brother's family. Despite the 14 hour drive, everyone is very excited. This will be the maiden voyage of our behemoth; we're hoping just the sheer size of it makes a huge difference.

Loved Outliers. I've got Gladwell's other books on reserve now because I want to read them again.

We're still enjoying our Sonlight History Summer. We just finished Carry On, Mr. Bowditch. I do believe it has even inspired my girls in their math studies. Nat's constant refrain of, "it's a simple matter of mathematics" can be heard around here now too. Bobo is almost done with Robert Fulton: Boy Craftsman and Elbow is in Sarah Whitcher's Story. Next up for us is Justin Morgan Had A Horse.

The Patriot is full of giggles and smiles all day long. Four months is so much fun. The camera is not on him nearly enough though. Must fix that.

2 comments:

Daniella B said...

Love those books! I'm glad you're enjoying SL. We haven't done it for a while, might get back in with my little ones this year???

jess s said...

That's a serious road trip. You're brave!