Monday, June 9, 2008

All Things New


We're navigating the waters of new neighborliness and summer vacation in an enclave where I seem to be the only mom at home during the week. It hasn't been pretty. But after much venting conversing with a dear Fargo friend last night - and a surprisingly hushed day around here - things seem to be calmed down. In my frustration, I've failed to see just how many great conversations all this has led to with my own children; not to mention how many amazing opportunities to share our Father's love come my way every single day. I need to do better.


The unexpected quiet afternoon provided the perfect backdrop for an impromptu production of the Wizard of Oz. As all four children got busy with pre-show make-up (Crockett loved helping Elbow paint his big brother with a toothbrush and watercolors) and costume gathering, I thanked God for opening my eyes and reminding me that He's all about doing something new right here.

2 comments:

Medinga said...

Very cute! Thank you for your comment! That recipe of yours (Ribs) I'll have to convince my father to try it some time. Sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the lion face paint!