Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Woman! I can't do it!

So shouted my frustrated two year old at the lady talking to him through the computer speaker(not at his mother, thank you very much). She wanted him to hit a key -- any key -- and he was not gon' do it. My children have never liked toys that "talk." My oldest daughter had a Leap Pad Plus Writing when she was about four. She would use it for about five minutes before yelling, "Stop talking to me!"

They may have inherited this from me. I can't stand automated voices over the phone. I go crazy when the lady on our voice mail at church keeps asking "would you like to do anything else?" (Please note: this is a canned voice from a answering company, NOT a nice little old lady volunteering her time at the church.)

My best friend growing up had a talking car. I'll never forget when it shorted and kept saying, "Your door is ajar. Please close it. Your door is ajar. Please close it. Your door..."

"Woman! I can't do it!"
You tell her, little guy.

No comments: