Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Lovin'

We've had quite a month. Emotional reserves: gone. Tensions: high. Patience: nonexistent.

Except there's more. More of Him when there was so much less of me.

"My grace is sufficient for you. For my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thank you, Jesus.

My theme song on my more-than-usual long runs:
Desperate for changing. Starving for truth. I'm closer to where I started, chasing after You.
I'm falling even more in love with You, letting go of all I've held on to.
I'm standing here until You make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with You...

Forgetting all I'm lacking, completely incomplete,
I'll take Your invitation, You take all of me...

There is nothing else.

(Lifehouse "Hanging by a Moment")

Thank you for bringing the joy back and reminding us that you've got all of it already wrapped up in your perfect plan. And really, there is nothing else.

Not to mention summer is my absolute favorite time of year. School books be gone (except math, I'm that kind of teacher), pool's open, VBS just around the corner, and neighborhood craziness in full swing. In my backyard. Sigh. You can't win 'em all.

Started the summer with a Dad + 5 kid camping trip:



"Like the ceiling can't hold us!"

Pool's open!


At the Poolapalooza Pirate Party
Jungle Jack's Landing and Zoombezi Bay
(Much more Jungle Jack's considering it was 59 degrees that day!)


Summer reading on the back deck:


And our first attempt at a Summer Bowling Pass.
This could be interesting. Right Hand Man prefers Connect Four. 
Good thing because taking six kids bowling is not really that fun. Trust me.