Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Reading, Seeing, Doing

Once in a while I like to keep track of things we're reading and learning around here, summer and all.

We still haven't finished Adam of the Road - one of our Medieval history read-a-louds. It's tough to compete with neighbor kids out playing until dark in the cul-de-sac so it's fits and starts with Adam, but I imagine we'll be done this week.

Bobo is reading A Wrinkle in Time - a gift from her uncle - and I Beat the Odds, a selection for her book club.

Elbow just finished Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (thanks, Mark!) She loved it so we're looking for other selections by the same author.

Toddzilla is plugging through a Pathway Reader with me this summer.

I just finished the first book in Francine River's Mark of the Lion series, highly recommended by a friend. Definitely a page-turner; I can't wait to start the next one. I recently re-read Hiding Place by Corie ten Boom, one of my all time favorites. And I finally watched Saving Private Ryan.  All three remind me that only Jesus is "the light no darkness can overcome."

Hubby is hoping to get the older children to the Creation Museum outside of Cincinnati this week. We haven't mentioned it to them because we don't know yet if he can pull it off. Other than that, it's all things summer!




Hubby's had weddings every weekend
 so it's dinner and dancing for us!