Tuesday, August 18, 2009

On Our Return...

I had a long list of things to post about our journey to Wisconsin and back - 1800 miles with five little people in the car. The picture of my little man pretty much sums up the wonderful time we had with family and friends on vacation.

But my reader was filled with the tragic news of Ryan Barrett's death and my heart is too heavy for all the rest of that. I met Mary Ellen last year at the Family Centered Learning Conference where she so eloquently - and with a beautiful sense of humor - spoke about home schooling a special needs child, which of course was Ryan. My prayers are with the Barretts and their entire extended family, home school group, and parish community. It is obvious from the little I know of them that Ryan's life touched an unbelievable amount of people.