Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Camping of the Season

Toddzilla got his much anticipated, first taste of camping last weekend. The girls had peppered him with such enticements as "we get to stay up as late as we want!" and "we don't even have to brush our teeth!" Needless to say, he was more than excited to go.

They left with a forecast of thunderstorms, drove 2 hours to their destination, and proceeded to enjoy a warm, sunny day. Hot dogs over the fire, s'mores, a pyromaniac strange fire ritual Hubby performs to the delight of the children... All were in bed by ten.


The storm came in the middle of the night, soaking more than the outside of the tent. The girls, especially, woke up in a puddle. They headed home earlier than expected, but a good time was had by all. Toddzilla ran to greet me with, "Mom, I LOVE camping!"

1 comment:

Delete said...

My girls keep wanting to go camping but I am always too scared it will rain to even take the chance:)

Also, I wanted to thank you for the Happy Family series recommendation for our Kentucky study. I am going to pick one up the next time I am at the library and I also added the recommendation to my state-by-state book list.

Jenny