Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Birthday Boy

This little guy is turning three this week. "Spirited" does not do him justice; even "strong willed" isn't quite adequate. We call him Toddzilla, which - roughly translated - means "if I don't get it right now I may flail around on the floor for as long as someone is willing to watch me." That's my boy.

But he's also about the sweetest thing this side of the Mississippi. He comes running when his baby brother is in distress, he is my biggest helper in the kitchen, and he's never stingy with the hugs and kisses. His name means "God hears" and his verse is: "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him" (I Samuel 1:27).

And for this child I will continue to pray. Thank you, Father, for granting me the privilege of watching him grow in grace and truth.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

He sounds like my daughter, who'll be 4 next week.
A stronger, livelier more determined person I've never met!
What a blessing!