Monday, October 29, 2007

A Homemade Christmas

You might remember my husband bought me one of these at the birth of our fourth child. He probably thought sewing would be yet another passing fancy, but he tends to humor me in my new found loves. So off I went to sewing class.

I'm not one to do anything lightly. I usually jump in with both feet and hope for the best. So of course I decided to sew as many Christmas presents as possible this year. It feels quaint. And quiet. And relaxing. Seriously.

I may feel differently come December, but right now I'm enjoying the creativity and simplicity of it all. It's one of those crafts I can even do with my little ones around. The girls love to watch the machine do its magic; Toddzilla is content as a clam to help 'push the pedal down.'

Inspiration for the creative family life abounds (and amazes) at SouleMama's. A must see!

No comments: