Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Birth Announcement

Not for us, for them! Derek and Odette's babies have arrived. We discovered them yesterday, but we're not sure if they were born then or the day before. Apparently, it only takes finches about two and a half weeks from the building of the nest to the hatching of the babes. Not bad, if you ask me.

I've never been one to find the sight of baby birds - how shall I say this - appealing. I know, I know... they are a part of God's wonderful creation. But there's just something rather unseemly about them. Of course I've never voiced this rather unorthodox opinion (until now).

Apparently, I'm not alone. Upon seeing them for the first time, my oldest said, "They're actually kind of ugly. Is it okay to say that?"

Kids say the darndest things. Or at least the things the rest of us don't want to say out loud.

No comments: