Sunday, February 3, 2013

On Spiritual Milestones and other non-Superbowl Stuff

My second daughter took her First Communion today and I actually got to sit next to my Hubby during a church service - a banner day for the Waters family.  Other than the normal "my throat is burning" comments made by many first communicants (mine included), it was a great service all around.






I was hoping to post something super-spiritual in light of this memorable milestone, but my doorbell keeps ringing and more and more neighborhood children keep arriving for Superbowl festivities. This appears to be my life story  at the moment, but I know that this too shall pass so I better enjoy it while I can.

I'll close with my almost six year old's latest proclamation of faith: "Mom, I love Skylanders and Jesus!" The order may not be right but at least Jesus makes his top two list. Happy Superbowl, everyone.