Saturday, August 28, 2010

All In (Several) Day's Work



This little Greek princess turned eight today.

It took me the better part of two and a half days to get things together for this party. Either I'm slowing down or my little monster man is even more skilled than I imagined at breaking my stride.  I'll blame the latter.  

The party centered around the Greek agora (market place) and the Olympic games. We visited a pottery shop, a sandal maker, a discus designer, and a head dress craftsman. We ran relays, threw javelins, and had sword fights. It was a good day.

cake baking with one of my early risers...

before the other joined in

breakfast in bed for the birthday girl
Big sister running the pottery shop at the party
The guests got into it!

modeling sandals from the sandal maker's studio
'Atta girl!

All smiles for cake time!

Me and my girl... Here's to another great year!