Sunday, June 28, 2009

Child of God, Inheritor of Eternal Life

Jonathan Thomas was brought into the family of God this morning. The promised pictures - all but these - will have to wait. I forgot that my own camera would go largely untouched during the service, considering I had plenty of other things (and little ones) to attend to. 

It was a perfect day and all went well. My poor younger daughter is covered in poison ivy - face included. She handled it like a champ though, standing up in front of all the church despite her discomfort.  

His little suit has been worn by my brother, my parent's god son, my nephew, and all three of my boys. (Do I have that right, Nana?) The bib is a special form of Norwegian embroidery called hardunger. It was made by a sweet older woman in our internship parish.  


Praising God for the saving waters of baptism...

 

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, that bib is gorgeous! I had an aunt who did some hardunger work. Glad your day went well.

I met you at a conference last year and I think you were just newly pregnant. Congrats on his birth AND baptism!

Grandma said...

We had a wonderful time this weekend at Jonathan's baptism.....and having the 3 older children for a sleep-over in our hotel was really fun...the pool was a real "hit"...I took lots of pictures this weekend and I will send them to you as soon as I get them on the computer...we always enjoying spending time with everyone....Love, Grandma and Aunt Gerry

Charla said...

What a cutie - love the little suit!

regan said...

beautiful bib. and i treasure those gowns/suits which are worn over and over again. all of my kids wore the same gown too. made by their nana.