The Patriot is already six weeks old. He's smiling a little and just beginning to coo; but mainly he spends his days fussing. I'll take this over night time fussing any day, though. So far, so good on that front.
Other bits of the goings-on around here:
- We had a great visit with the children's one and only first cousin (and his parents, of course!). The baby has now met the whole extended family.
- The girls are studying North America for an upcoming geography bee.
- We're hosting a little dinner party tomorrow night. Six adults, ten children (including us). I'm praying it won't be raining.
- We're getting near the end of Growing Kids God's Way, a seventeen week parenting class. I'm hoping to post more on this when we actually finish. We're learning lots of good stuff; it's the implementation that's a bit more challenging.
- The end of our journey with Harry Potter is also drawing nigh. Hubby (mainly) has been reading this out loud to the girls since January. They're almost done with the sixth book. I found a biography of J.K. Rowling at the library and the girls are carrying it all over with them. They're obsessed!