Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

  • I should be writing a message I need to give to a MOPS group for their Christmas Brunch on Tuesday. I'm going with the theory that sudden inspiration will strike late Monday night. 
  • Hubby was busy most of the weekend with church stuff, so I took the children to one of those very manageable, everyone's buckled in, drive through lights tours. One of our state parks provides an awesome display of electricity in action. Lots of "ooohhhs" and "aaahhhs" from the backseat. It was a hit.
  • The girls had their choir concert this afternoon. There's not much sweeter than over 100 children dressed in their finest, singing Christmas carols. My camera battery was DOA. Not a single picture.
  • I vowed not to do any sewing or knitting for Christmas. But an idea struck and now I'm stuck. Must finish. Fast. (Only everyone wants to "help," so fast is not the way we'll work).
  • We are loving The Wheel On The School right now. Great writing, lots of laughs, and too much information about storks. I'm sure that last fact really piqued your interest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The children's choir sounds beautiful.

Juli said...

It has piqued my interest. I will have to see if my library has the book.
And I probably couldn't even count the number of times my camera has been dead or near dead when I wanted it most. We bought rechargeable batteries, too, and they still don't seem to last long.
That drive through light show is something I could probably even handle.
One last thing, your baby is due the day before my sons birthday and ten days after mine!

Anonymous said...

The Wheel On the School! I loved that book - I forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder...