Monday, February 4, 2008

Failed. Again.

This is getting embarrassing. As you may know, when you move to a new state you have to take a written test in order to obtain a driver's license. In North Dakota, I failed miserably while my husband whizzed through without a missed question. Adding insult to injury, they revoked my license right there on the spot; he had to drive me home and bring me back the next day.

In Ohio, they have the decency of letting you keep your old license. Yes, that means I failed here as well. Before you go thinking I must be the world's worst driver (which I very well may be), let me ask you this: Do you know "the minimal tread bare a tire can be?" or "how many hours one must spend in jail after receiving their first drunk driving citation?"

I didn't think so.

So I'm off to try, try again this afternoon. I've actually studied, so I should be ready. By the way, the tire tread answer is 1/16; the requisite jail time for a first offense of drunk driving is 72 hours.

Ohio BMV here I come! (By the way, I couldn't even find it in the phone book because everywhere else I've lived called it the DMV).

No comments: