Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Fairies on the Prairie

It's half fairies, half prairies around here since Christmas (with a bit of Pippi Longstocking thrown in for good measure). The girls got prairie outfits for themselves and their dolls from their Grandma. Bobo got all the Cecily Mary Barker Flower Fairy paraphenalia from us, thanks to the treasure trove of ideas found at Serendipity. They listen to the flower fairy CD -dancing and prancing about - then quickly switch gears to be their all time favorite Little House girls.


Nana has been reading the Pippi Longstocking books with the girls and she gave them some great tights and leg warmers to complete the look. You never know who will emerge from the bedroom next - Pippi? Laura Ingalls? The Eyebright fairy?


Much to the dismay of my whole clan, the tree had to come down on Christmas day! Hubby's allergies have never been so bad and the girls were starting to suffer too. We packed it up sadly, not only because it had to go so soon, but because this is our last "prairie" Christmas in North Dakota.

Something tells me that a little bit of prairie will follow us to our new home...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls look so cute in their prairie dresses--and are those American girl dolls I see? I am a homeschooling mom-and my girls love those dolls and dressing up, also. Blessings, Rose

Lynn Bartlett said...

Hi Michelle,
We heard Saving Reign last night at Metigoshe Ministries, and I asked Eric about you and your moving. Wow, quite an undertaking for both of you -- in your new congregation! I'm looking forward to hearing about your new adventures.

Elizabeth Foss said...

Fairies and prairies! I love it! What a great combination. Must do something with that around here...

Garden State Kate said...

Merry Christmas!
Your girls look adorable!

Michelle said...

My girls love fairies. Thanks for the link. And I love Little House on the Prairie. I have a picture of myself at about the same age as your girls dressed up like Laura for Halloween.

Michelle said...

My girls love fairies. Thanks for the link. And I love Little House on the Prairie. I have a picture of myself at about the same age as your girls dressed up like Laura for Halloween.

Michelle said...

My girls love fairies. Thanks for the link. And I love Little House on the Prairie. I have a picture of myself at about the same age as your girls dressed up like Laura for Halloween.