Monday, November 19, 2007

Here Comes Thanksgiving!


We're in full preparation here for the big day. My husband is outside hanging the lights (in North Dakota, you do this when the weather is nice: as early as possible!). The girls and I made our cranberry-orange sauce this morning; it's tucked away in the back of the fridge to avoid greedy little hands. The croissants are happily resting in the freezer, ready to be fresh on Thursday.

I've used Betty Crocker's Entertaining Basics for Thanksgiving ever since I prepared my first Turkey Day solo. That was only two years ago. We were expecting my best friend from dear old Dartmouth - flying in from Denver and bringing her new husband - whom we had only met at the wedding. The pressure was high! I turned to Betty and she definitely delivered, mainly because so much of her plan is done in advance.

Tomorrow is pie day. Wednesday will be the early mashed potatoes and stuffing prep. All that is left for Thursday is the maple glazed squash (easy) and the turkey itself. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The combination of cranberry and orange is one of my favorite flavors. Mmmmmm ... that sounds so good.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.