Friday, October 5, 2007

It Is Finished.

The Egyptian birthday party, that is. I'm wiped out! For some reason, birthday parties completely do me in. The planning, the high expectations of the children, the waiting, the clean up...

Everything went without a hitch and the children liked the games, activities, and the pyramid cake. Bobo was a gracious little hostess and made a huge deal over every gift, giving all the children a big hug after opening their present.

She dressed up as Cleopatra (She wore a shawl over her shoulders for most of the party --this is a 'dress up' dress). Her sister wanted in on the action too; she went with Hatshepsut, although I think she looks a bit more like one of Cleo's ladies in waiting than a pharoah!

Today we're all enjoying a quieter day - and a few new toys to boot.

1 comment:

Sweetness and Light said...

I totally know what you mean! I'm gearing up for a b-day weekend too, my 1st ds (2nd child) is turnng 9 tomorrow, sob...it goes way too fast!! What a great party, I love the Egyptian theme you did! We're going Nascar!! Blessings :)